We switched things up this week and had a guest come on and interview us. Lindsay, Jeff, and Jo did their best to answer questions on marketing and publishing from science fiction author (and contest winner) Lon Varnadore.
Here are some of the questions he asked us:
- Is permafree still viable? What about the 99-cent model?
- Are there any sub-genres where indies aren’t well-represented?
- Are authors still publishing serials and how well are they working now?
- When does it make sense to make the jump to being a full-time author?
- Are you guys using “reader magnets” to get people onto your lists, and how effective is this?
- Kindle Unlimited or wide?
- Has your marketing advice changed from when you started this podcast in September 2014 to now?
- And the most important: if you could switch place with one of your characters, which would it be?