SFFMP 73: Mixing Genres, Best Categories for Cross-Genre Fiction, and KDP Select vs. Going Wide with Glynn Stewart
Update: The correct file is now posted. Thanks for your patience!
This week we are joined with Glynn Stewart, author of fantastic and successful novels that mix science fiction and fantasy.
Here’s a taste of what we discussed:
- Mixing genres and tropes.
- How to make fantasy and science fiction blend together to make a strong story.
- How to create a strong fantasy with various rules.
- To explain the rules of your magic system to readers, or not?
- Judging concepts by the marketability and knowing where to put your focus.
- Advice to those who would want to mix genres.
- Ways to conquer writer’s block.
- Using Kindle Unlimited and pricing.
- Places to market cross genres.
- Designing stand-alones to grow into series–And working with fans who want more!
- The need for endurance.