Creating Bundles, Advertising, and Targeting Higher Paying Readers with Jason Chen from StoryBundle.com
We had our first official guest on the Science Fiction & Fantasy Marketing Podcast tonight! Jason Chen, the founder of StoryBundle.com, joined us to talk about how he started the site, how he’s gone about creating book bundles full of awesome titles by traditionally published and indie authors, and how he sells upwards of 3000 bundles in a 3-week period over and over again. And these are not 99-cent bundles, my friends. People often pay over $10 for the collections on his site, meaning a nice cut for the authors and also for the charities that Jason works with.
We pumped him for information on:
- Creating bundles, including approaching big-name authors
- Marketing bundles and ebooks in general
- Finding ways to promote on tech sites, as opposed to the usual book venues
- Choosing cover art for bundles
- His experience with advertising on Google, Facebook, and other sites
- Whether StoryBundle still accepts submissions (the answer is yes, but many of their collections are curated by authors who know other authors)
- Lots more — check out the show!