SFFMP 22: Book Bundles, Marketing Successes and Failures, and Creating Author Swag
We’re late getting a show up this week, but we are here! Tonight Jeff, Lindsay, and Jo chatted amongst themselves, covering a number of topics such as…
- How Jeffrey had good luck boosting his sales by tinkering with keywords on Amazon.
- How Jo making his first book temporarily free helped boosted sales of his Book 2 preorder.
- How Lindsay increased sales on her omnibus by redoing the cover and blurb.
- A few marketing/publishing things that ended up being a waste of time, or at least not very profitable for the time invested.
- Our experiences with multi-author book bundles of which we’ve been a part.
- Can too many authors make a multi-author bundle less effective? Can too few sabotage the potential? What’s the right number?
- How Lindsay got a lot more interest in one of her series by putting together a bundle of the first three books.
- Why the guys decided to put together a permafree epic fantasy book bundle with a few other authors
- Jo’s experiments with creating 3D book swag on Shapeways.com and ordering blook plates for signings from Bookplate Ink.