SFFMP 37: Amazon Algorithms and Making a Book Stick
Today, Jeff, Jo, and Lindsay shared what they know about how the Amazon algorithms work, about categories and keywords and sales rankings, and about what’s working now to make a book stick and start selling on its own. They also discussed KDP Select and Kindle Unlimited and how borrows from that program are currently affecting visibility and sales rankings.
Here are links to some of the sites and books we mentioned:
- Libbie Hawker’s blurb videos and her book, Gotta Read It (which Lindsay mistakenly called Gotta Have It)
- A German publisher that tested Kindle Unlimited and how borrows affect Amazon sales ranking (there’s other information on rank myths too)
- David Gaughran’s Let’s Get Visible: How To Get Noticed And Sell More Books
- The Amazon help page that tells you what keywords to use to get into categories that you can’t select from the dashboard.
- Jo’s dragon sculpture person, Emily Sculpts