SFFMP 66: Writing and Selling Paranormal Romance with Elle Thorne
We chatted with up-and-coming indie author Elle Thorne today about writing and selling paranormal romance. She’s been publishing for less than two years, but she’s been very prolific, has numerous series going, and has contributed to several boxed sets. She’s doing quite well for herself.
Here’s some of what we discussed:
- Rocking it with novella length fiction
- The difference between urban fantasy and paranormal romance
- The challenges and rewards of writing in a popular genre
- Following trends in PNR versus just writing what you’re passionate about
- Boxed sets — the challenges of committing to writing new fiction for a set and when it’s worth it
- Effective ways to increase your mailing list sign-ups
- Kindle Unlimited and KDP Select for PNR and novella-length fiction
- Looking at the top book covers in your genre for inspiration
- Becoming a part of existing Facebook groups in your genre as a means of promotion
- Doing cross-promotion with other closely related authors to increase your reach
- The challenges of getting sponsorships with the shorter fiction
- Tips for authors just getting into PNR
Check out Elle’s books on Amazon — right now you can get Protection, the first in her Shifters Forever series, for free. You can also visit her on the web at Elle Thorne and see what she’s up to on Facebook.