Since it’s a few days before Christmas and we’re not scheduling any guests until the new year, we decided to chat amongst ourselves again, this time with a holiday marketing topic. As it turns out, none of us do a ton, but we chimed in on things we’ve tried and things that we believe aren’t worth the time, effort, expensive, etc.
Here’s a little of what we covered:
- Giving away ebooks with Smashwords coupons
- Giving away paperbacks and shipping costs
- Can Christmas and other holidays actually help with ebook sales
- Writing holiday-themed stories to take advantage of a holiday-loving market (possibly tougher with fantasy and science fiction)
- Is it worth trying to book ads for Christmas
- Are there any pitfalls that may come with releasing a book right before the holidays