For today’s show, we talked about how we’ve learned to write more efficiently and get more books out there. After all, a lot of the marketing stuff we discuss on this show becomes more effective when you have numerous books, and maybe even numerous series, out there. It’s also easier to keep the momentum going if you have new adventures coming out every few months.
Here’s some of what we covered:
- How each of us approaches plotting and whether we outline or pants
- Whether we write down the “beats” for individual scenes before starting on them
- Lots of tips that we’ve all learned for hitting our daily word count goals and staying on task
- Tips from the book 2k to 10k: Writing Faster, Writing Better, and Writing More of What You love.
- How over-editing can slow you down (and may not be that useful in the end)
- How a series can make everything easier, since you’ve already established the characters and done the world building.
- Dealing with being daunted by a story idea
- Finding motivation to write every day and staying motivated for the long run
- How to get readers to try a new series, especially if you jump genres
- Ways of storing or backing up your work in the cloud and writing from anywhere