Today we interviewed epic fantasy author Jeffrey M. Poole on his experiences with self-publishing, some of the mistakes he wish he hadn’t made when he got started, and growing a rabid fan base that’s always hungry for the next book.
A few of the specific topics were…
- Getting started self-publishing when you don’t have much money to invest
- Which kinds of “helpful” companies to avoid
- Finding an editor and cover art designer
- Using permafree to get people to try a new series (and whether permafree is as effective as it used to be)
- Blogging and social media for promotion, yea or nay
- Dealing with bad reviews