Popular fantasy author Rachel Aaron joined us today to talk about succeeding with books that straddle genres, launching later books in a series, and turning your writing into a business, among other topics.
Here are a few more subjects that we touched on:
- The challenges of writing across genres and marketing books that don’t fit tidily into a category
- Rachel’s experiments with advertising and what has worked best
- Using a pre-order to increase sales of an entire series and how to build launch buzz over several weeks
- Some of the perks of being in Kindle Unlimited (Rachel explains why she believes KU readers are less likely to leave bad reviews)
- How audiobooks have become a significant source of income for Rachel
- The challenges of maintaining a high degree of productivity after this becomes a full-fledged business