Tonight, after Lindsay coughed her way through the introduction, we chatted amongst ourselves on a number of topics related to online marketing and offline marketing.
- How do you measure your return on investment when it comes to online marketing? When is it time to pull the plug on a method? (We discussed social media, Wattpad, and guest posts/interviews.)
- Does it ever make sense to abandon a series, if the sales/reviews/interest isn’t there?
- What’s an online marketing tactic that you tried, didn’t expect much from, then were pleasantly surprised about because it was helpful?
- What’s something everyone does and everyone recommends doing but just seems like a waste of time to you?
- Do giveaways actually help sell books?
- Twitter — what’s the point, guys?
- When is it worth buying sponsored spots on book blogs/mailing lists for your books?
- Have you done anything in your own hometown to try and sell books locally?
- Is there any value in going to conventions or doing book signings? Investing in some author swag to give away?