SFFMP 89: Launching Books to Stick, Amazon Algorithms, and When Advertising Is Worth it with Chris Fox
Today, we talked about launching books, writing to market, taking advantage of Amazon algorithms, and when advertising is (and isn’t) worth it with return guest Chris Fox.
Here are some of the specifics that we covered:
- How Amazon works to push new releases (that show potential) with its algorithms, newsletters, and also-boughts system
- How important being in KDP Select and Kindle Unlimited is right now to stick on Amazon with a new book
- Whether to list a book for pre-order
- Whether it makes sense to use Facebook and Amazon ads (available for those in KDP Select) during a book launch or afterward, to keep the momentum going
- Relaunching a series that had a lackluster original launch
- How much pricing figures into a book launch and whether starting at 99 cents is a good idea to gain momentum
- Using a prequel to grow a mailing list
You can also visit his YouTube channel for some inspiring and helpful videos.