Facebook Marketing: Selling Books, Building a Community, and Does Advertising Ever Help?
Today’s show is dedicated to Facebook marketing. How do you use the popular social media platform to sell more books and keep current readers engaged? We took turns answering questions, based on our experiences. We may not be gurus, but we’ve all been on Facebook as authors for 2-4 years, and we had quite a bit to say!
Here’s a little of what we covered:
- Separate author page or personal page, what’s best?
- One page or one for every series?
- How do you get readers to find you and like your page?
- How important is interaction, and how do you get people to engage with you?
- Facebook advertising, pay-per-click and boosted posts, are they ever worth it?
- Groups, can they help with anything?
- What about events?
- Has there been a decline in the effectiveness of Facebook over the years?
- What’s the future going to bring, and how will it impact authors?